Saturday, October 09, 2004

Poetry Weekend

I'm feeling kinda lazy and lethargic today, so here are two poems to fill up this space. (Also because I think they're great...especially if you're reading them while listening to Etta James's Time After Time).


The first one is a limerick from the Rude Pundit (http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/)

The Debate In One Very Bad Limerick:
Last night, Bush had a little more fizz.
Iraq's not a mess, so he says.
He said, if he could,
He'd give us some wood,
But he's fucked us enough as it is.

The second is a haiku composed by my son Forty in honour of his favorite dish, the famous Saté spicy noodles from Ong Ca Can on Ste-Catherine Street in Montreal:

I have a strong itch
For a soup
Spicy like a bitch
I eat it and I
Twitch

Have a great Thanksgiving long weekend!

No comments: