Monday, August 29, 2005

Cool Stuff during the week-end

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

My policy has always been «Live and let live», with animals as well as with humans. Our house is crawling with ants and arachnids, but I make sure our food is covered/sealed/stored away and the kitchen counter clean. As long as they don’t bother me, I’m all for peaceful coexistence.

Last week end though, I had two encounters with spiders. The first spider (a big fat one) has decided to build its huge web in the upper left hand corner of the kitchen door frame. Looking at it, I was reminded of that Larson cartoon where a spider who has built a web at the bottom end of a playground slide says to another spider : «It was hard work but if I can pull it off, we’ll eat for weeks!». I never noticed the web until my son, who’s taller than me, got caught in it. So I decided to rip the web and keep ripping it until it dawns on the spider that the kitchen door is not such a good place to build a web. So far, the idiot rebuilt its web three times. I ripped it again this morning on my way to work. We’ll see tonight.

The second spider is a much smaller one. It built its web right on the kitchen stove, anchoring it between the ventilation hood and the cast iron thingie that supports the pot over the gaz element. I’ve been cooking around it all week-end. So far the heat and the steam didn’t seem to bother our little squatter. The cool thing is it actually caught a flying bug and wrapped its prey in a neat package with its silk. I took a picture with my PDA camera but the resolution isn’t so great. If I can, I will post the photo.

UPDATE: Victory at 17:30! No more spiders! All their webs are belong to us.


Cool T-Shirts

I remember years ago, when Azn Pride was the rage and everywhere you went you’d see the slogan «Got Rice?» on T-shirts or hear the rap :

Got rice, bitch? got rice?
Got food, got soup, got spice?
Got brains like us? Got skills like us?
Got cars? Got clothes? Got girls like us?
Wassup we the shit and we kill ya'll fools, etc..


Anyway, here’s an inside tip from me to you : the latest trend is «Pho», yes, the noodle soup Pho. Last Saturday I saw a couple wearing a T-shirt with the inscription «What the Pho?» and when I went online to order it, I found more T-shirts with the message «Got Pho?».


The Simpsons Personality Test

Find out which character from The Simpsons you are most like at: http://www.matthewbarr.co.uk/simpsons/index.htm


«My Mom thinks I’m cool» - Milhouse

No comments: