Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Vietnamese B-Boys

I was supposed to go to Vietnam in August with my son the Breakdancer and his partner B-Girl Lynx, but the project fell through (I blame that devil George W. Bush! No, I'm kidding). Anyway, the plan was for us to present a breakdancing show or a battle with local crews to raise money for local charities in Hanoi and HCM City. The trip was also supposed to coincide with the Asia Battle of the Year in Bangkok. That's how we found out that the best crew in Vietnam was the Big Toe Crew from Hanoi. They have an official site: http://forum.bigtoecrew.com/

And here's a video clip of their moves:



Unfortunately, the BT crew didn't get selected to participate in this year's main Battle of the Year in Germany. Right now, the best Asian B-Boys are the Koreans. But I'm confident that the Vietnamese breakers will soon shed their underdog status and become a worthy competition to the Koreans.

No comments: