Monday, June 18, 2007

My Big Fat Trip To Vietnam - Part 7

Nha Trang Beach

Nha Trang

Learning from our experience with night trains, we flew from Hoi An to Nha Trang. I was like a horse smelling its stable, I was more and more impatient to reach Saigon and I thought we would rush through Nha Trang, but once we got there, I fell under the charm of the city.

The food was superb... in restaurants

Supper: juicy scampis. They also had snakes on the menu

And on the street...

Breakfast: com tam bi and opla with melon soup, cafe sua da, etc...the works.

The cultural offerings were very interesting. We visited an Arts & Craft Centre with a fantastic collection of embroideries.

Tea ceremony and đàn tranh recital at the Arts & Craft Centre
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%90%C3%A0n_tranh)


Embroidery artist

Double sided embroidery panel.
This is a special method of embroidery where the starting and ending stitches
are hidden and both sides are equally exquisite


The next day, we took a full day cruising trip and we had a great time. Actually, my three companions had a great time. I found out that the swimsuit I brought along was too small, so I just spent the day sweating.

Swimming & snorkeling at Tam & Mun islands


Suntan


Communal lunch


Karaoke & disco dancing with a live band


And at the end of the day, a wonderful visit to the Tri Nguyen Aquarium at Mieu Island.








1 comment:

Van Cong Tu said...

Hey, I'm glad that you had a good time in Nha Trang.