Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Post Election Thoughts


Once the definitive results were in last night, people started calling or emailing me : "Obama won! Are you happy?" "Uh... I guess you guys were not regular readers of my blog". This morning again, the taxi driver tried to start a conversation: "Did you hear about President Obama's victory?" "Yeah, good for him" "Not just for him, for America and the whole world, no?" "Sure, whatever." "You're not happy a black guy won?""Why should I be happy? It doesn't matter who gets elected, all politicians are crooks""Uh, I guess". Sulky silence ensued.

I hate bursting people's balloons, but I'm in no mood: I'm taking a taxi to work, because I have to take my car to the garage again and it's going to cost me another $1500, and I don't know where I'll get the money.

Sigh.... I guess it is big news: the first half-black President of the United States. Mark my words, next election, the first 100% black President!! Of all the various blogs I've read this morning, this one stood out:

From Insightanalytical: http://tinyurl.com/57cefe


There will never be a female President of the United States. There. I said it. Ladies, go home and grab your burkas and start cooking dinner for your man and popping out babies. You will never have equal pay for equal work, you will never be considered competent or capable at anything you ever do, and you stand no chance of ever getting anywhere unless it’s to a soccer or hockey game to cheer your (male) children on. Of course the laws will be wide open to allow you to abort female children so you don’t have to sully the landscape with them at all anymore.

How do I know? Because before even half the nation’s votes were tallied tonight, not only were all the major networks calling the race for Barack Obama, but the pundits are already discussing how Sarah Palin was John McCain’s downfall. Pundits attempting to defend her popularity with statistics were shot down on Fox News. That’s it – it’s over. You will not see another female Presidential candidate taken seriously in this country in our lifetimes. We’ll be lucky if we continue to see women continue to hold seats in the Senate and House after tonight. Female Governors? Forget about it. Palin won’t be re-elected there, because in spite of the fact that Alaska loved her (90% approval rating) just 4 months ago, she has been trashed and is now persona non grata in her own state courtesy of the Chosen One.

Hillary Clinton will lose her Senate seat in 2012. Barack Obama had determined that before she surrendered her fight for the Democratic nomination, and all the pundits are hammering how he “beat the Clinton machine”. She is toast. But frankly, that’s OK with me tonight. As far as I am concerned, Hillary is one of the top reasons that Barack Obama was able to destroy the United States Constitution and insinuate himself into the Presidency. She has lost my respect and she has lost my vote. She bears a huge responsibility for Obama’s victory. She gave up on America to save her career. She sold out her constituents and supporters for the proverbial 30 pieces of silver, and she will have to live with that for the rest of her life.

I wish I could reproduce the whole post here, because the author Grail Guardian is saying exactly what I'm thinking, but let me pick out one last quote :



“4th Wave” Feminists: Never underestimate the power of women defiling other women in this coup d’etat. Names like Nancy Pelosi, Donna Brazile, Claire McCaskill, Arianna Huffington, Erica Jong, Alice Germond, Peggy Noonan, Maureen Dowd, Oprah Winfrey, and literally every woman in Hollywood leap to mind in this category at first blush, but let’s not take the credit away from the invisible everyday “feminist”. I’m talking the ones that cried “It’s not that I don’t want a woman President, I do. Just not that woman!” and “I just can’t believe they picked Sarah Palin. That woman isn’t qualified to be President!” They did more to demoralize and frustrate the efforts of every woman in this nation than we have seen in decades. As I stated at the outset, these women (the type who live merely to find men and have no sense of self outside their relationships) have ensured that I shall not live to see a female President of the United States of America. Perhaps it makes them feel more powerful in their own meaningless lives, but they are traitors to us, to themselves, and to this Republic. They have played a vital role in pushing back the clock to roughly the 1920s as far as Women’s Rights are concerned. And I will not be able to laugh or say I told you so when they realize the aftereffects of what they have done.


Please click on the link and read the whole thing. Then, for the next 4 years, don't ask me how I feel about an Obama Presidency. Let me wallow in my bitterness in peace.

No comments: