Monday, April 04, 2011

Dancing lessons at our home

My younger son, B-Boy, sometimes has a friend or two over our house to train. One friend in particular likes to ask him for lessons and/or advices. Not all sessions are pleasant or productive, however, because either the teacher isn't quite clear in his explanations or the student is stupid and/or rebellious. Here are the recording of two such sessions.





I just realize that not all of you might understand the street language used by young b-boys nowadays, so here's the translation of the first part:

Tadadadadadadada: Look, it's quite simple, you hang on to the barre and you lift your leg, like so.
Tadadadtadaadda?: How? By shaking my arm like this?
Tatadadada: (Laughs) Didn't you hear what I said? Lift your leg! Kick it!
Dadadadada: I thought I was supposed to spread my arms this way.
Dadadadatada: Nooo!!! (Laughs) Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?

etc.. you can guess the rest of the conversation.

No comments: